Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Need a Poker Book? Make Sure you pick the right one!


There are thousands of Poker Books out in the market today and picking the right one can be extremely hard. I would suggest Doyle Brunson's Super System Doyle has been in the top ten finalist for almost any Texas hold em Poker Tournament he has played. If you are a beginner and need a shot of strategy I believe that Doyle will give you and edge until you need more for your poker game he will give you insight on just about any poker hand. And with a record like his you really can not argue his system at all.
The best way to research a poker book is if you watch poker on TV find the players that you think you would be more like. Or pick players you want to be like. Most of these Pro Poker players have a book out my favorites has always been Howard Lederer because of his straight percentage play and his ability to ready the odds after the flop or how to power play your hands no matter what. The second Player I think I am most like would have to be Phil Gordon. His video of Final Table Poker with Phil Gordon if you are more of a visual person he speaks about when he won the championship and what he was thinking from every player. This has helped me a lot to read my opponents on a daily basis from poker to business.

No comments: